Apple flapjacks recipe
photo credit: sk8geek
A tasty fruity snack, quick and simple to prepare and very tasty!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
9 oz / 250 g butter
9 oz / 250 g caster sugar
6oz / 175 g golden syrup or molasses
16oz / 450 g oats
pinch of ground ginger
2 apples, peeled and chopped
- Line an 8×12 cake tin with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350°F/180°C
- Combine butter, sugar and golden syrup in a pan, stirring to melt until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add the apples and ginger, then the oats.
- Transfer mixture to the cake tin and spread out evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cut into 10-15 slices and allow to cool before removing from cake tin.