Apple Pie recipe
Whether celebrating Thanksgiving in the USA, or just looking for a delicious desert, nothing quite matches warm apple pie.
Prep time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 1 hour
pastry for a 9 inch double-crust pie (a base and lid)
1/2 cup / 4 oz / 113 g unsalted butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup / 100 g white sugar
1/2 cup / 110 g packed brown sugar
1/4 cup / 60 ml water
8 Granny Smith apples – peeled, cored and sliced
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour to make a paste.
- Add the white and brown sugar along with the water and bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Line a 9-inch pie tin with the base of your crust. Fill with the apples, forming a slight hill in the middle of the pie.
- Slice the lid of the pie into strips and cover the apples in a lattice.
- Pour the sugar and butter mixture over the crust, taking care not to spill over the sides.
- Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees F (220 ° C). Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175° C), and continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes.
Shared on Quit Eating Out