Basic pancake batter recipe
Recipe by Neil W 14 February 2010 No Comments
photo credit: avlxyz
These crepes take no time at all and are delicious with your favorite topping!
Serves: 6-12 depending on thickness
Prep time: less than 5 minutes
Cooking time: less than 5 minutes
5 oz plain flour
8 fl oz / 1/2 pint of milk
- Sift the flour into a bowl and make a well in the middle
- Break the eggs into the well and start mixing into the flour with a whisk
- While whisking slowly add the milk until it is all combined.
- Some people like to leave the batter for 30 minutes before making the pancakes, but if you are in a hurry you can start right away.
- Add a drop of oil (or spray a coating) in a frying pan over a medium heat. Once the pan is hot add a ladle of batter and swirl around to cover the pan in a thin layer.
- Once air bubbles start to lift the pancake or the surface is completely dry then turn it over, the second side will only need a few seconds then serve with your favorite topping (my suggestion – sugar and lemon juice, mmmm delicious)