Blueberry muffins recipe
photo credit: norwichnuts
A yummy summer treat!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Butter (for greasing)
500g/ 1 lb 2 oz plain flour (plus extra for dusting)
1 tbsp baking powder
250g / 8 oz caster sugar
185g / 6.5 oz fresh or frozen blueberries
185 ml / 6 1/2 fl oz milk
185 ml / 6 1/2 fl oz sunflower or canola oil
yellow food coloring (optional)
icing or powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 190C or 375F.
- Grease a muffin tin with butter and dust with flour. Shake out any excess flour.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the sugar and blueberries in a separate bowl. Mix together the eggs, milk, sunflower oil and, if you are using it, the food coloring.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, add the milk mixture and combine.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden and springy to the touch.
- Wait until they cool and then dust with the icing sugar.