Fish cakes recipe
Delicious flaked fish, potato and seasonings.
Serves: 6 (1-2 fish cakes each)
Prep time: An hour
Cooking time: Less than 15 minutes
450g / 1lb Mashed Potato
450g / 1lb Mixed fish (I used Haddock, Smoked Haddock and Salmon)
2 tbsp of freshly chopped parsley
1 egg, beaten
squeeze of lemon (optional)
salt and pepper
- Put the fish in a baking tray skin side down and stick in the oven at 190°C (370°F) for 8-13 minutes (8 did it for me, I have a fan oven). When the fish has cooled down slightly remove the skin and break up the fish with two forks.
- Mix the fish along with the mashed potato, egg, and parsley. Make sure to be gentle as to not break up the fish anymore. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape the mixture into patties, this recipe should make 8-12 patties. Put them into the fridge for 1 hour.
- Heat up some oil in a frying pan and fry until brown on the outside and heated through. Could also be grilled.
- Serve with salad or similar, and tartar sauce.