Pizza dough for bread machine recipe
A very simple recipe for great pizza.
Serves: Makes two 9″ pizzas or one 9″ deep pan
Prep time: 5 mins
Bread machine time: 90 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
250 ml / 1 cup water
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3/4 tsp salt
360 g / 3 cups bread flour
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp bread machine quick-acting active dry yeast
1 tsp dried herbs (basil, rosemary, oregano)
1 tsp garlic powder
sprinkling grated parmesan cheese
- Add the ingredients above to the bread maker in the order listed
- Set the bread maker to dough setting and make a cup of coffee.
- Once done, you can use the entire amount for a thick crust, or split it in two for a thinner crust. If you aren’t going to be using the second dough ball just yet you can store it in the fridge in a ziplock bag. Add a little olive oil to the bag to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Pre-heat the oven to 230 °C (450 °F)
- Roll out to fit you pizza pan (I like the metal trays – they are cheaper than a pizza stone and work great). Add tomato sauce, grated mozerella, plus your favourite toppings.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.