Yorkshire Puddings recipe
Recipe by Claire W 23 August 2009 No Comments
A traditional English accompaniment to any roast dinner. Goes great with gravy poured inside.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
2 1/2 oz plain flour
5 fl oz (140 ml) milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 425°F (gas mark 7, 220°C).
- Sift the flour into a bowl, make a well in the centre and break the eggs into it. If you are doubling the recipe it will still work with just the two eggs, but you need at least two for the puddings to rise properly.
- Mix the egg, flour and milk (4-5oz) to a smooth batter, leave to rest for half an hour.
- Place a drop of duck/goose fat or olive oil in the Yorkshire tins and pre-heat in the oven.
- When hot, remove the tins from the oven and place over a lowish heat on the hob to keep the oil sizzling whilst ladling in the batter.
- Keep an eye on these, the timings are dependent on the oven.